• Open Outlook for Mac. • Click Preferences link (command,) located under Outlook menu. • Click Accounts. • Select Exchange or Office365 OR if you have already have an email account in Outlook, click the dropdown arrow located next to the plus (+) sign in the bottom left of panel and select Exchange. See image below for steps 5-8. • Enter settings as shown below: • Email address: email@example.com User name: NetID@msu.montana.edu (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) Password: NetID Password • Check the box next to Configure automatically. • Click the Add Account button.
Use iCloud Preferences on your Mac in OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later. Use iCloud for Windows on your PC in Microsoft Windows with Outlook 2010 through Outlook 2016. Set up two-factor authentication and, if needed, generate an app-specific password* to use for iCloud Mail. Use iCloud settings on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later.
When prompted.do you want to allow this server to configure your settings: • Check the box next to Always use my response for this server then click the Allow button. Your account should now be configured. NOTE: If for some reason your account is unable to be configured automatically, enter information in step 6 as instructed above but uncheck the automatically configure check box.
You will be prompted for server address, follow steps below: • Enter outlook.office365.comin the Server field. See image below. • Click the Add Account button When prompted with.
Do you want to allow this server to configure settings: • Check the box next to Always use my response for this server then click the Allow button. Your account should now be configured.
• Open Outlook. • Click the File menu tab.
• Click Add Account. • Enter fields as shown below: Your Name: Bob Cat Email address: email@example.com User name: NetID@msu.montana.edu (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) Password: NetID Password Make sure the radio button next to Manual setup. Is NOT selected. • Click the Next button. The Windows Security panel opens prompting for your password. • Replace the auto populated User name with: User name: NetID@msu.montana.edu Password: NetID password Then click the OK button. Your account should now be set up.
To manually set up account: • Click the radio button next to Manually setup. and then click the Next button. • Click radio button next to POP and IMAP and then click the Next button.
• Enter fields as shown below: Your Name: Bob Cat Email address: email@example.com Account type: IMAP Incoming Mail server: outlook.office365.com Outgoing SMTP server: smtp.office365.com User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com) Password: NetID password • Click the More Settings button. The Internet E-mail Settings panel opens. • Click the Outgoing Servertab. • Check the box next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authenticationand the radio button next to Use the same settings. as shown in image below. • Click the Advanced tab. • Enter the following under Server Port Numbers: Incoming server (IMAP): 993 Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 Use the following type of encrypted connection: Auto • Click the OK button.
• Test Account Settings should start automatically. If it doesn't, click the Test Account Settings button to verify info entered. • Click the Close button, then click Finish. If the test fails and account can not be set up, contact the UIT Service Desk for assistance.
Outlook App • • FindTime for Outlook FindTime is an add-on app for Outlook and Outlook on the web that is used to create meeting polls where you can propose multiple times/dates that that attendees can vote on. Once consensus is met the meeting is automatically scheduled..
Port: SMTP 587 This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Outlook 2016 or Outlook for Office 365. If the Mail account is already set up, but giving errors – then refer to our troubleshooting guides for. Note: This guide defaults to.